Friday, September 21, 2007

Waiting (Im)Patiently

So, I have heard tons and tons on the web about Ravelry and how great it was, so I decided to check it out. Holy crap!!! I want a piece of that, and I want it now! Too bad, though...there is a huge waiting list, which all of Internet land knows, but me. So I go to sign up, am then told, "you are on the waiting list." So I am waiting, for about a week, thinking that like some other KAL's and blogrings, this will happen fairly quickly, and I will be with the "in" crowd over at Ravelry in no time. No such luck...I just checked my status...

You signed up on September 11, 2007
You are #32304 on the list.
16601 people are ahead of you in line.
2350 people are behind you in line.

This does not bode well...for you already veterans of Ravelry...about how long did you have to wait to get your invite? Are the people ahead of me in line already members, or are they waiting too? Seeing as how the number of people ahead of me in line is about 8 times the number of people behind me in line, I am way at the end, and will probably be invited the day before (or after, knowing my luck) the whole thing goes live for public consumption! So I will continue to wait patiently...or impatiently...depending on the day and hope that I get the happy email telling me I have been invited...In the meantime...read this blog entry...she does a great job of telling us all what we're missing out on! (Thursday Sept 20 entry).

5 comments:

Knitterary said...

I think I waited about six weeks, but that was when they were on the old small servers. The line is moving more quickly now. See you there!

Qutecowgirl said...

I signed up the end of july and i received my invite last night. It is already posted that the new servers will be up soon and more invites will go out.

I tell ya I was checking it out last night and well WOW!!!
i think that this may cut into my knitting time = )

Crafty Andy said...

I guess we will have to go and Sign up for that as well, lol!

Marty said...

It's well worth the wait.

Unknown said...

I think I was waiting for about three months or so before I got on. The more you hear people talk about it the more you want it, and it is indeed FAB! Keep waiting ;)