Monday, September 3, 2007

Marlo

Marlo from Black Purl Knits is finally finished! This sweater took me so much longer than I had anticipated, but I am happy with the final results. I am hoping for a few days of Indian Summer to allow me to wear this a few times before long sleeve sweater season is upon us. I am realizing in my early knitting hobby, that one needs to knit for the opposite season! At least for me, who it takes a little longer to make a project! I started on a sweater last winter, before Christmas, and didn't finish it until May! By that time, sweater weather was over, so I had to put it away right away. I am pretty excited to wear it this winter, though. Here is a picture of the finished Marlo, she's blocking right now...

She fits pretty well, but if I were to make it again, I would do the collar in 2x2 ribbing like the bottom rather than in stockinette. I am afraid that even after blocking, the collar will roll. The top of the collar is done in three rows of garter stitch, but that didn't help when I tried it on after finishing last night. Oh well, I still really like it!

I have finally started the Tiffany Mittens but am having issues getting the charts printed out. I changed all the charts to match my color selection. I have an old printer that my mom and dad gave to me a while back. They also gave me some of their old speakers for the computer, but seeing as I have a laptop, I don't really have need for them. So my sister took the speakers back to my mom and dad's when she was out to visit. Well, I didn't realize until yesterday when I was getting ready to set up the printer that the plug in cord and USB cord for the printer was in the same box as the speakers, which are now 9 hours away at my parents house! So I need to go to Office Depot or somewhere with the charts on a disk to get them printed out! I have the first 11 rows of the mittens knit up and am ready to get started...so off I go to get those charts printed out so I can continue trying to catch up to my fellow knitters who are so much further than I am! Hi Jill and Qutecowgirl!!

I will post my progress pics very soon!!

No comments: