Friday, September 14, 2007

T.G.I.F.....but is it over yet?

Oh, I do believe that I am doing the taboo thing today...blogging at work! I am insanely slow at my job today, and the fact that it is almost 5:30 on a Friday afternoon/evening, and I go to Knit Night right after work on Fridays, things are dragging along....S....L....O....W....L....Y.......

On the upside, I can usually puruse the knitting blogs, and site with no one looking over my shoulder. I am also looking quite forward to the weekend. I work in the medical field and my clinic is open until 7 pm every night, and in the mornings on Saturday. I have taken this Saturday morning off, first, in honor of my birthday, and second due to a function that will eventually put me on track for how I want to continue in my career. Sorry for the cryptic statement, it is just not the right time for me to go into detail on this...as there are some people out there who aren't aware of what's going on. Thirdly, I am meeting a boy tomorrow, I think.

A little history lesson on Jen: I met a boy at grad school...Jen and boy "fell in love"....boy moved half way across the country to be with Jen....boy and Jen moved to Chicago together to build new life....Jen "fell out of love" with boy for many different reasons....Jen moved out to new apartment, and started living single again....Jen gets lonely, but not for boy.....Jen has been online dating (a little scary)....new boy asked if Jen would like to get together this weekend....Jen said yes....and hasn't heard from boy yet...but that's ok. So, history in a nut shell....I have been having not such good luck with the online thing...but I have been emailing with people, and that is definitely low stress...until they want to meet! Then, the stress level goes up a notch....I have the firm belief that it has to do with the apparel we wear when emailing (usually pajamas) vs. what we wear to go out (NOT pajamas!)...the emailing clothes lend to a more comfortable feeling in general, so I think that it expresses itself in the email. Then comes all the stress of getting dressed in "meeting" clothes, you have to look your best, hair, makeup, the whole kit 'n' caboodle! I definitely try to make things less stressful for myself anyway. I go into the meetings, I don't like to call them dates, with the feeling that if things progress from there, great, and if not, well, then I got to spend my night in the company of someone new, and might possibly make at least a friend out of it. So we will see...

Monday is my birthday....so I will be taking it easy this weekend in anticipation of my birthday...not that there is anything too exciting going on. I live about 8 hours from my family, so I celebrated early when my sister was here to visit. I requested a DQ ice cream cake for the office lunch on Monday, so that will be fun...not to mention yummy!

I started this post at about 5:25pm, and am finishing at about 6:10 pm...had to stop in between to take care of patients...so have a great weekend all...T-minus 20-30 minutes until quittin' time...then off to Knit Nite!

3 comments:

Qutecowgirl said...

Happy Birthday!!! Have a good time. Do not worry about boys you will find one. Heck I did.(and just so you know I meet Hubby over 7 years ago, wanna guess where? Online. Match.com. back when it really was taboo to meet someone online) = ).

Jill said...

Jen, I am sure it will be fun. Enjoy your weekend!! (And you'll have to dish about it later...we'll tune in!) LOL

Laurelena said...

Happy Birthday! :D

P.S. I also am with someone I met online. I moved to Chicago to be with him too!

Anyhoo, good luck!!!

Laurelena from SnB