Saturday, September 29, 2007

Hot off the Needles!

MY FIRST PAIR OF SOCKS!!



I am so happy to finally be done with these socks. These socks were just about the bane of my existence. I started the first sock on dpn's, and had such a problem with laddering, that I put them aside, and thought I probably just didnt have the knack for sock knitting. Until a lady at my knitting group taught me to knit socks on 2 circular needles. So much nicer, for me at least. I know there are a lot of people who knit with dpn's with good luck, and yet others that utilize the Magic Loop method. As long as we keep making beautiful socks, the I say go with what works!! I will definitely be sticking with the 2 circular needles!

These socks were worked on US 2 needles, 64 stitches with Austermann Step superwash wool. I threw away the ball band, so I am not sure of the color way, sorry. I used the Basic Sock Pattern from "Knitting Rules" using seed stitch instead of stockinette. I am really excited to wear these socks, but not today or tomorrow, as it is still supposed to be in the 80s!! Where is fall?? You can also see these on the Sock a Month KAL.

I have decided to cast on my next sock with the Knit Picks Memories in Hawaii in the pattern of Monkey from knitty.com, but first, I need to get the second short row toe started for Dad's Socks. I will be knitting these socks 2 at a time on 2 circular needles, and with them being knit out of worsted weight on size 5 needles, they should be a fairly quick knit.

OK, I am off to take a nap, I think. It has been a pretty trying week for me in my personal life, and I am physically and mentally exhausted. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Qutecowgirl said...

Monkeys!!! I can not wait to see them. = )


We finally have fall here (hopefully it stays around) It will be only 70 tomorrow.

Jill said...

Jen, the socks look great--love the stripes! Oh, I wish I had someone near me who could show me how to make socks 2 at a time...such a good idea. Maybe I will corner someone at Rhinebeck? ;) Great job!!