Friday, September 7, 2007

I feel Yucky...

Oh what a week it has been. Labor Day weekend was a nice and much welcomed day off to catch up on many things, including knitting. I finished a major project, to which I am thrilled. I also cast on for the Tiffany Mittens and made some pretty good progress on Monday.

I am really happy with this progress, and love the fact that I am actually doing a Fair Isle project, which I have been super scared of since I started knitting. But the problem herein lies...I have not made any more progress through this entire week!

I started to feel a little scratchy in my throat Sunday night, and it was a little more pronounced on Monday. I was thinking that I was having a bit of an allergy attack, and thought that a little rest, and avoidance of the outdoors would help. Not so much! Tuesday things just progressively got worse, and by Tuesday night, I was resigned to the fact that it wasn't my allergies, but a nasty chest cold rearing its ugly head. Wednesday I went home from work sick, and couldn't even bring myself to knit a simple no patterned sock. I have not picked up my knitting since Monday, and I miss it!! I am starting to feel better, but still have a lingering cough that has made my abdomen feel like I just went through sit up boot camp! I am hoping to make some progress on things this weekend as I hole up...yet again...and get myself well again!

I am also feeling the desparate need to get going on my Christmas knitting. I have one project just over halfway done, and the finishing will be the most complicated with some lining and embroidery work. I also need to knit 2 pairs of socks, to which I have joined the Sock A Month KAL 4 in the hopes that it will motivate me to knit, knit, knit!! Then my sister's boyfriend has thrown a whole cog in the wheel by possibly being at the family Christmas this year. So I think that I am going to be knitting him a scarf. Probably a simple chunky ribbed scarf with a black tweed yarn of some sort. My LYS has a nice Noro tweed, but maybe something out of a Knit Picks bulky yarn. I haven't really decided yet.

So, I have decided, no more sick days allowed! Or sick weeks for that matter! At least until Christmas is over and I can focus on nice casual knitting projects!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Jen, your mitten looks GREAT!! Good work, and I hope you feel better! (Jill from SnB Forum)

Qutecowgirl said...

That looks great!! I love your colors. I hope you feel better soon.