Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Road Trip!!

I have recently taken to reading the blog by Crazy Aunt Purl. I find her incredibly hilarious, and find her posts to speak to me and my thoughts and inner monologues. When I found out she had a book available, I checked it out from my library, and really enjoyed it. There are some of the same stories from her blog in the book, but it didn't feel like I was just reading the same stuff over and over, because the book is more sentimental and touching than the blog, which is sarcastic, hilarious, and totally reflects the things that go through my head...daily!

I was so excited to see she was going on a book tour. Since I live just outside of Chicago, I thought for sure she would have a stop on her tour in Chicago. Sadly, she didn't. But she is stopping in Peoria to speak at a Women's Expo....AND I AM GOING!!

I have met very few people with any kind of celebrity in my life. And most of those are local celebrities, and professional celebrities...you know, the kind that only the people with the same career and profession as you would ever know of. So I am super excited to travel the nearly 3 hours to Peoria to listen to Laurie speak, walk around the Expo, register for fabulous prizes (that I probably won't win), and maybe get her to sign a copy of her book for me. If I am lucky (and courageous enough, and don't look to dorky doing it) I will try to get a picture with her and post here on my blog!! She invited everyone to bring their knitting, so I think I will....it will be one of my biggest KIP events ever!!!

So, think of me Saturday, as I make the road trip to Peoria, IL to see Crazy Aunt Purl in person!! I will be back with updates and all the scoop!!

1 comment:

Qutecowgirl said...

I love her blog too!!! She is funny. The library didn't have her book in, but I am thinking about buying it.

take pictures!!!

=)