Friday, August 31, 2007

Knit, knit, and knit some more!

Happy Friday everyone! Not too mention a nice long holiday weekend up and coming! I plan on doing a lot of knitting, Christmas and otherwise. I got my Knit Picks order yesterday, which is always very exciting. I thought I had all my colors worked out in my head for the Tiffany Mittens but no such luck! I was planning on making the mittens in MC Cinnamon with the main pattern in the Nutmeg (tan). The green and yellow were going to be the flower section along the wrist. Now that I have the colors in front of me, and lots of looking and pondering, I am thinking I want it all different! I am now planning on making the MC in the green with the main pattern yellow, the wrist band flower area in the cinnamon and nutmeg. I think this might give them more of a retro look. Also, seeing as I own both a black and an off white winter coat, I think this color combination will be more versatile. I am a little freaky about what goes with black and what goes with brown, but pouring all my energy into making these, I will surely wear them as much as possible this winter. I am so excited to get started on these mittens.

Before I can do that, though, I have some finishing up to do. I have almost all of my Marlo sweater done from Black Purl KnitsAll I have left to do is the neck line. It is a mock turtle, knit all rounds, so that is really easy knitting...I could totally get it done during a movie or TV show. I still have to finish knitting an item for Xmas, but I can put that aside for a break from the mittens as well. I am almost finished with the knitting, but need to do some "finishing" work to it after that. Its nice to have diversity! I have also finished the first sock in my first pair of socks. I mentioned the "Peachy Keen" sock in a previous post, and finally finished it!

I have cast on for the second sock and knit the first few rounds tonight, so I am hoping to avoid the whole second sock syndrome. I realized as I wore one lonely sock around for a while tonight, that I LOVE hand knit socks! Good thing too, seeing as half my stash is sock yarn!!! It is just so irresistible!! "Houston, we could have a problem!"

I would also like to spend some time with the sewing machine this weekend as well, but let's not get too excited here! I do have a life outside of knitting (WHAT?!?!), and have a wedding to attend tomorrow, and some housework to catch up on from the week. I would much rather be knitting...hence the having to catch up I think! This would be the one, and only one, reason I dislike the single life again! When I was living with my ex, at least I could delegate the housework to him! Ah, well, single life is better, for now! :)

Have a happy Labor Day weekend! I will post my progress on the mittens as soon as I have some!

P.S. Thanks so much for all the birthday wishes!

No comments: