Monday, August 13, 2007

Beading

While I was online today, I read a fellow knitter's blog today, and she had linked to this really cool bracelet/row counter. It is really cool, and super practical. The link is


http://westenddesignknits.blogspot.com/2006/08/row-counter-tutorial.html
(thanks qutecowgirl!)


I have dabbled a little in bead work, and had a stash of left overs from making bracelets for my mom and sister one year for xmas. I pulled out the beading materials and here is what I came up with... I might have made it a little small, but it will definitely work in some capacity. I was looking at it and thought, the toggle ring at the end would probably fit around most of my needles (not the 11s or 13s of course, but anything under). So I was thinking that maybe I would use it as a row counter at the end of my needles, and another thought dawned on me! I have seen so many pretty stitch markers that have jewels and beads on them and thought that with some of the materials I have laying around, I could make a few for myself. So here they are!!
I had a bunch of toggle clasps left over that I used for the actual stitch marker. Each marker took me probably only 10 minutes to make, and am excited to start using them. This could be a bit of a problem, I could totally see myself making a bunch of stitch markers for every project that I have, to match the yarn, and all!

3 comments:

Qutecowgirl said...

You are very welcome Jen. Very Nice (and I am a little jealous, I so need more beads - well at least they do not take up as much room as yarn). I love your stitch markers too. I think I will go get some of my beads back from my daughter and make myself some.= )

Crafty Andy said...

I like beads like that, but too I will be afraid they will snag. I like the little Sheep, lol!

Laurelena said...

Those stitch markers are beautiful, and I love the bracelet counter, though I don't really understand how it works :P

Hee! You should sell them!