Wednesday, August 29, 2007

How do I work this thing?

As I read other people's blogs, I am realizing that they are much more technologically talented than I. I finally figured out how to link in text. For example, if I wanted to tell you to go here for free knitting patterns, I can! But I still don't get how to put a button in my side bar, or in the middle of my post like some of my fellow bloggers do. Hmmmm....Its curious...and frustrating all at the same time! So thing #1 that I don't know how to work.


Thing #2 is a very exciting challenge to me. My birthday is September 17th, but I have gotten one of my bday presents already. My sister and her boyfriend came out to visit me a couple of weeks ago, and brought my present from my parents. This is not neccessarily something that I have begged and pleaded for, but definitely something that I have looked into getting, and now that I have it, I am so pumped to learn how to use it!! So what is it you ask? Its a brand new.....
SEWING MACHINE!!!I am super excited to learn how to use this! I have scanned through my owner's manual, and have not a clue! Today, however, upon advice from several of my knitting circle girls, and my mother, the veteran sewer, I bought some plain white cotton muslin to practice all the stitches on. I also got some other really cool fabric to make a lining for a handbag that may or may not be for Christmas, but as it might just be a present for some one, I will not post a picture of it until the recipient has received it. It's way too obvious even for a teaser photo...sorry!

I am super excited for this weekend, not because I have huge Labor Day plans, but because I will have a full extra day for the weekend to finish some much neglected WIPs and to start on a new, beautiful project. I am going to be joining a KAL with some fellow knitters from the Stitch n Bitch Forum

We are going to be starting this project as the KAL, and I am really excited and anticipating getting started. This will be my first foray into Fair Isle knitting, and I am sure that it will be fine, but I have some fears that the whole thing will just be messy! I am using Knit Picks Merino Style, and am anxiously awaiting its arrival...hoping that it will get here before Monday so I can spend the whole day working on them!!

Happy Labor Day everyone...time to get to those WIPs so I can move on to my pretty mittens!!

3 comments:

Jill said...

You can do it, Jen! :) Don't worry, the fair isle isn't as hard as I thought it would be. Now, get to work and get your yummy yarn! LOL

Qutecowgirl said...

Happy B-day!! ok it is a little early.

Hey we all have to learn sometime. For buttons and such you need to copy the html code and paste it in the Html/java element or you can paste it in the blog area.

And you will be fine with the gloves.

Laurelena said...

Happy Early Birthday and congrats on the sewing machine! How cool!

I can't wait to see the mittens you all are knitting :)