Thursday, March 22, 2007

THE ROUND AFGHAN

Well, it has been a while since my last post. I am finally posting some pictures of some WIPs. I am really excited about this project, since it is my first true, big crocheting project, based upon a pattern for a round washcloth in "Get Hooked." Here are a couple of pictures of my progress thus far, the first one was the amount I accomplished in about an hour the first night, and the second is the amount I have accomplished over the last several nights. I am using a size G hook and Lion Woolease in Wheat, that I had originally bought to make a sweater, but found that I was not crazy about the pattern after knitting the first 2/3 of the back. I have 4 unused skeins, and 1 and 1/2 in the sweater...we will see just how big I want this blanket to be!

I have really enjoyed learning to crochet as it is a craft that my grandmother has done for years. She is very proud and excited that I have learned both knitting and crocheting and has even promised me some of her old crochet hooks when I go to visit in May!

Here are my first ever crocheted objects. My swatch/dishcloths and the round washcloth that inspired my afghan. All using size G hook and Lily's Sugar N Cream cotton.

I will post some more pictures of some knitted FOs that I have done through out the winter, and my other big exciting project, my first sweater, still a WIP...just in time for spring, go figure!!

No comments: