Thursday, July 26, 2007

Knitting ADD

I have spoken to other people through forums on knitting and am finding that summer is definitely a time for "Knitting ADD." I am finding that this occurs for me not only in the summer, but throughout all seasons. I have completely disregarded patterns only to cast on and start something new, and becoming completely commited to them, until.....something new comes along. I have about 5 knitting WIPs and 1 crochet WIP. I give my crochet abandonment the excuse that because it is an afghan, and it is summer, it is ok to ignore. But what about my socks? What about the sleeveless sweater, and now my new project, that I will not give details about because it is for a family member. Plus a dishcloth, a shawl, and a Prayer Shawl for my Prayer Shawl Ministry group.

So, I have decided to give myself deadlines. I have 2 weeks to finish the sleeveless sweater, because I want to wear it to some grad school homecoming festivities. I am giving the new project 3 weeks to completion...as the family member and I will be seeing each other. My sock...I feel that has no hope...but that's ok. I still have the match to make, so my deadline for the socks will be set once the first two are met.

Speaking of socks...I have learned to knit them on dnps. I would like to learn 2 circs or Magic loop technique. Perhaps I will knit the mate to my sock in progress on 2 circs. These socks are for me, so if the gauge is different, of I make mistakes, that is ok. I have 3 pairs of socks to make for gifts, and think that making them on 2 circs, 2 socks together might make it go faster. Hmmm...yet another challenge to my deadline. I will be posting pics of projcets and the progress on my deadlines.

Oh here we go...focus now!!!

1 comment:

Qutecowgirl said...

Good Luck!!. I once used the deadline method - didn't work for me. I always have wip's laying around. Right now I have 8. Last week I had 12. I just work a little on each one a little bit and soon I have a FO.

I like that top, very nice.