Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Shhhhhh....it's "Top Secret"!!!

I finally finished my first large, wearable project!!! Aside from a couple of scarves, and a couple of hats, I have not made anything large and wearable, so here it is!! "Top Secret" from knitty.com





This sweater was so fun to make. It is done all on circular needles, so that means, no seaming! Which I was excited about. Underneath the arms was the only place that seaming needed to happen, and they were actually seamed using three needle bind-off, which I like a lot. I used Paton's Divine for the yarn, and the recommended needle size. The yarn, contrary to it's name, is not so divine to work with. It is an acrylic/wool/mohair blend, and the mohair is a little too fuzzy, and makes stitch definition difficult, especially when trying to count for the increases and decreases. But all in all, I really like it, and though we were at almost 90 degrees yesterday, maybe I will just have to crank the A/C really cold and wear it around for a while!

No comments: