Friday, February 29, 2008

Finished Objects!

I have some finished objects to share with you today!

First, here is the finished Tree Jacket in all its glory...I LOVE this sweater!!Second, I just finished these about 20 minutes ago, and have successfully updated the SAM 5 KAL and Ravelry. These are the Nutkin pattern from knitzi.com. It is a great pattern, albeit a little on the tight side for me. I even had to go up to a size 3 needle to make them fit, but that's ok, since I am a super tight knitter anyway. They do fit, and are comfortable, just a little tricky to get over the heel and instep. I used Dream in Color Smooshy, In Vino Veritas is the color. LOVE this yarn!! I have already bought another hank of it for a future pair of socks. I really love the semi-solid nature of it, and it is super duper soft to knit with.


In other knitting news, I was invited to join a new KAL (and it did not take much convincing, either!). This is the Sock Knitters Pentathalon 2008. You can find this on Yahoo! Groups. It sounds really fun, and challenging. The idea is that we will knit 5 pairs of socks over the next year. Each sock will be allotted 2 months to complete. The sock patterns are supposed to be challenging, which I am both a little nervous and excited about. It could possibly push me to knit socks that I would normally think are too hard. And, sometimes the methods for knitting them are specific, so it could also force me into knitting on dpn's, which I don't really like, and I knit my socks on 2 circular needles. I have just learned the Magic Loop method as well, and think my next, simple pair of socks will be done this way. But I digress. The first pattern comes out tonight at midnight! I am really anxious to see what it is! I do think that I am going to have simpler patterned socks on the needles along with this, just in case I get a little overwhelmed or frustrated! My next pair is going to be plain simple stockinette out of some Regia yarn I have stashed in the Kaffe Fassett self striping colorway.


I have also started a new sweater using this pattern. I am using Patons Classic Merino Wool in a slightly off white color. I am also planning on doing this in a V-Neck. Here is a picture of my progress thus far... (sorry its a litte crappy in quality!)

So, I am back on a roll with knitting and it feels really good! Once I get the pattern for the SKP2008, I will post a picture of the yarn I am planning to use...it's amazing!!!

3 comments:

Laurelena said...

I LOVE the Tree Jacket! It looks so awesome on you! I can't wait to make it.
It's on my queue!

Hehe, I also am making the Nutkin socks. I found them to be rather tight too. :( Nuts!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Jill said...

Hey, Jen--where are you? Hope you post soon. Here's a little "tag" to maybe get you going. ;) Check out my blog to play...

Miss your posts. Please blog, pretty please?