Friday, July 27, 2007

Speed Knitting

So I came across the Sexy Knitters Club (see link at the side) and found that they are a group that does KALs! I find that very exciting and a lot of fun that there are so many people out there working on the same project at the same time. I really enjoyed looking at past projects and pics of FOs. My question is this...How do they/you knit projects so quickly?!?! I see pitures of projects that were cast on and finished in about a week. My most recent project attempt is "Marlo" from Black Purl knits. I cast on about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks ago and am only 3.5 " into the first 7" of ribbing with the most complicated part, the cables at the edges of the sleeves to go. The pattern in not written to be done on circular needles, but I am knitting the body to the arm holes as such, hoping to save time. Apparently not! I wrote about this in my last post, and am giving myself a deadline! Hopefully, I will meet the deadline and be able to wear it to the event I am planning on wearing it to.

I try to knit at least 2 hours per day, but as we all know, this doesn't always happen. I am just in a frustrated mood, because, again, as I stated in my last post, I have a hard time finishing projects. A member of my knitting circle told me that I was a process knitter, not a project knitter, but I want to be a project knitter and have something to show for my time and energy! Humpf!! Well, off I go...hoping to gain at least an inch or two on my sweater.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Jen - thank you so much for stopping by and leaving the wonderful comments about my Grammy. I do miss her.

Your blog looks wonderful. I am a member of the SKC, and I often wonder how everyone knits the sweaters so quickly! I only ever finished the SWC quickly, and that was because it was knit in the round, top down, and was very, very simple! I think it was also Christmas break around that time as well! That helps!

Good luck!